Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Heaven

The word "Heaven" has become synonym for everything but heaven. Ask an Engineering student, the reply would be MS in US, ask the person whose visa was rejected, the reply would be job in India. But are we really following our dreams or are we taking life as it comes. Silence would be the reply.

I turn around and find most of my friends looking forward to go to US and I am sure 99 out of 100 would not have thought of going to US even a month ago, but why this sudden decision.....its because they couldn't find an opportunity in India...or rather they were too lazy to search for opportunity.

Heaven, I feel is where u find your dreams coming true. I love calling myself "Pakka Hyderabadi" as I find pleasure in getting up a bit late.. going to bed late.. roam around with friends till we exhaust ourselves (in fact the petrol in the bikes). Then sit around with them and chat for hours about nothing.......though these chats sometimes make the gang feel nostalgic about the school, College and the fun at theatres..... the playground and the tense study hours during the exams....wow what a life..

We really found happiness in the smallest of things..now I turn around and find even we friends have turned mechanical..no time to meet each other....no time to have long chats.... this is yet another thing to feel nostalgic about.

But now a few of us meeting through social network sites like orkut..makes the world much smaller....but does these really help......may be not ..the pleasure of meeting in person is compromised somewhere...

People have no time even to say a small "hiya!!", chasing the wild goose.. in Uncle Sam...
I turn around further and guess what.....I find myself dreaming to go to US...nooooo..a wrong guess....I find even more friends fighting to chase the goose....

It is not the lack of opportunity but the lack of efforts that paves the path for such foolish hunters to find an excuse.

I remember a friend of mine telling that she would quit the job and then go to US to pursue MS.....guess the reason.....no it is not her dream to do the masters but to earn more money......the weirdest things I had heard from someone........

Chase your dream, but don't fool yourself saying "following the herd is the dream"---which will surely come true as the herd would certainly take you to destination and you would not repent .....guess why....do you find myself being paradoxical..no i am not....it is because you will neither find time to repent nor have the courage to face the reality..that you had never chased your true dream.

No comments: